INDIGENOUS TATTOO HAS MOVED ** NEW ADDRESS FROM 07-17 ** 4 Blvd du BAB, 64100 Bayonne, France **
(Here’s the original description and photos from the old studio. Thanks to everyone who came down to the old studio, we hope you enjoy the new studio even more!)
Our hand poked tattoo studio in Bayonne (France) is different to most other tattoo studios. We’ve hand painted the studio using designs and motifs inspired by Indigenous Cultures from around the world. The designs create harmony between the artist and the client. They sharpen the artist’s focus and give the client the warrior spirit required during the tattoo process.
Hygiene is an integral part our of our hand poked tattoo studio. We’ve got Tattoo Hygiene Diplomas from Carole David and our Studio is registered with ARS Bayonne (Regional Health Agency) as required by law. In fact, we pride ourselves on going far beyond the hygiene standards that are legally required, to make sure you get the cleanest hand poked tattoo session possible.
Good aftercare advice is also part of a good hand poked tattoo studio. When you get your tattoo with us, we’ll make sure you fully understand how to look after your Hand Poked Tattoo. However, if you forget what to do, here’s a quick run down of how to look after it:
- 1) When we finish your hand poked tattoo, we’ll cover it in a thin layer of Bepanthen. If you are vegan or allergic to lanolin, let us know in advance and we will use a suitable substitute product.
- 2) We’ll then wrap your tattoo in cling film which you should keep on for the next 3 hours.
- 3) After 3 hours, remove the cling film and throw it away.
- 4) Clean your tattoo with warm water and your usual soap, then dab dry with clean kitchen paper.
- 5) Reapply a thin coating of Bepanthen (or substitute) to your hand poked tattoo.
- 6) Repeat steps 4 & 5 preferably 3 times a day for the next 10 days. Then at least once a day for 15 days after that.
- 7) If there is any scabbing or peeling, let the skin to come of naturally. DO NOT PICK AT YOUR TATTOO!
- 8) Enjoy your nicely healed, beautiful, hand poked tattoo.
Additional Care Info:
Avoid submerging your tattoo in water (bath, sea, swimming pool etc.) until well after your hand poked tattoo has healed, approx 3-4 weeks.
Avoid exposing your tattoo to direct sunlight for as long as possible. It’s always better to use sunscreen on your hand poked tattoo whenever it’s exposed to keep it looking nice and fresh.
Although it’s very unlikely, it is possible to get an infected tattoo. It’s mainly during the healing process that your hand poked tattoo could get infected if you don’t take care of it. So make sure you follow all the steps above to keep your tattoo clean and infection free. If your tattoo does get infected, let us know asap and also make an appointment with your doctor.